
I finally have time to post, now that finals are over! Whew, it has been such a fruitful semester. It ended with our Semester Banquet, Graduation, a Women's Christmas Tea, movie night, some Christmas shopping, dorm cleaning, English class with Asa, and relaxing at a Sento :)
Our semester banquet was at the Tokyo dai-ichi Okinawa Grand Mer Hotel (yes I did type that out because it sounds awesome). Semester banquet is when the Bible College students and teachers all get dressed up and fellowship over food. We ate and then received yearbooks for everyone to sign. (photo above, courtesy of e3missions)
The highlight of the past few weeks was graduation. Three students graduated this semester, all from Okinawa. I've only been here about four months now but it felt pretty special to see them graduate. (photo from left to right: Taliya, Natsuki, and Yoshua). I was so blessed this semester by all of them: Taliya and I served together in Korea and kid's ministry at CC Ginowan. Yoshua's testimony touched my heart this semester to conquer the past and continue in God's work. Natsuki and I bonded over some good conversations in Hebrews class.

Last Saturday, we held a Women's Christmas Tea at Calvary Chapel Ginowan. I helped out with serving and the soundboard. It was my first time working sound alone, so it was pretty nerve-racking but the Lord was so good to guide me through it. We served tea (of course), sandwiches, and dessert. Afterwards, Taliya's mother did some hula dancing to worship music. It was pretty awesome. At the end, church member Kayo shared the gospel through a short Christmas message.
Now that the semester is over, it was been difficult to reflect on all that's happened. However, James 1:22 and Jeremiah 33:3 come to mind.
"But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves." - James 1:22
"'Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.'" - Jeremiah 33:3
This semester was so different compared to my year at the Murietta campus. The Lord was so faithful to bring me to Okinawa to study His Word, but also put it into action. God has been doing so much here already and to have seen it with my my own eyes amazes me still. During my time this past year serving in Mexico, Korea, and Japan, I've learned so much. And calling out to God to reveal His calling on my life has resulted in serving Him on the mission field. He really has shown me great and mighty things that I definitely did not know. Can't wait to see where He'll take me next year!
I pray the Lord does the "impossible" in your life in this next New Year and that He shows you all He has in store for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment