Sitting in Ruth and Esther class (above). It's being streamed in Tokyo, as well.
I'm also taking a gospel of John class. It's over Skype right now until we fly to Tokyo and then, of course, it will be in person. The class is only offered in Japanese this semester (meaning no translation), but since it's required for me in order to graduate, I've taken up the challenge. It's going pretty good - I'm only able to retain about 20% of the lecture, but everyone in the class has been super helpful in clarifying things for me.
I also snuck a picture of the IBS class (Inductive Bible Study) that Pastor Tommy and Tamiko are teaching. I've taken the class already but always thinking about sitting in it. I feel like everyone and their grandmother is taking the class - it's that good :)
With the move to Tokyo in a little over a month, I've definitely been taking the opportunity of spending more time with the fellowship here in Okinawa. So last Sunday, myself, a few students, and a family from CC Ginowan went to a nearby skatepark to hang out.
I will mostly miss the fellowship in Okinawa. Nowhere else has really felt like home to me. I can attest to it being many things: the family here, the laid-back Okinawan sun, serving Him in many ways by faith. But I am learning that life in ministry involves not getting too comfortable in where you're at. It's not about where I want to serve but it is where God wants me to serve at.
I like your last comment about not getting to comfortable and it's about where God wants you. I could use a little pondering on that myself. Also awesome you feel like Okinawa is home. I hope you find many more homes.
ReplyDeleteAnd finally in the pic with you and four other people standing by the fence I love how you are the only one not giving the peace sign and that's including a boy. Heck if I was in the pic I would have without even thinking thrown up a peace sign. hahaha. They don't have you quite yet. lol
They will never get me with that muahahaha.
Delete