Sunday, March 11, 2012

Night Cafe


Last Friday was New Life Academy's annual Night Cafe. Students and parents got to spend a night eating desserts and listening to student acts and performances. A few of us Bible College students went to help serve and play a few worship songs.


New Life Academy is an international Christian school in Okinawa. Their building facility is paired with Calvary Chapel Okinawa, so we see some of the New Life students on Sundays as well.


Naoko and I (the sister I've always wanted!). Naoko-san is one of my favorite sisters at the Bible College campus. She is super sweet, a woman of prayer, and makes us amazing breakfast during the week :)


Her, my classmate Hae-Young, and I got the opportunity to sing some worship songs at the Night Cafe. Many of the students' parents don't know the Lord, so it turned into a great time of outreach and sharing Jesus' love.


Our intern, Brevick, went solo and played some songs as well. It was super cute because all the elementary school girls were sitting in the front row and listening to him perform :)


Ali, my bunkmate, hanging out with the kids and helping them get yummy food and drinks.


(above) Our Serving Crew

It was a super blessed time seeing the New Life students. I helped out during their Friday morning chapel a few months ago and the students still remembered me! So it was pretty cool. Talking with some of the parents was a blessing as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment